About our technology
This section provides descriptions on the mode of operation of the system, its data measurement and all items concerning its inner workings.
- How does CropX know how many sensors to install in the field?
- How often does the system measure soil moisture?
- What will my sensor read besides volumetric water content?
- What are the depths measured and why?
- How is the station powered?
- How is the information from my sensor sent to my phone/computer?
- What determines my fill and refill lines? Are they 'set in stone' or can I customize them?
- Why is soil moisture presented as both an absolute value and and a percent of available soil water?
- What do the values on the graph's Y-axis (VWC) and the FC refer to?
- How do I view data from my sensor?
- How does the probe measure soil moisture?